Thread: Dal Won
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 07:47 AM
PackTrip
Line Holder

Joined APC: Mar 2007
Position: B767 FO

Originally Posted by keenster View Post
The five year fence would have helped if the a330 was fenced. The only guys that fence helps are the senior A330 captians that will be able to bid 747-400. It may be possible that DAL guys do not want to fly the 330 and not bid it so that it cycles down to me. Who knows Hope so. Also the age 65 thing cuts into to the effect of the 5 year fence in that approx 3 years of the fence guys are not hitting 65 yet. Hopefully those guys go earlier than 65. Yes I may be able to bid 767 capt and that may not be all bad. Ah yes, there could be a chance to fly 787 but my guess is that the 787 or the 777 will replace the 400 not moving anyone up. Hope I am really wrong about that. My loss is where I end up at the end which post merger is 13% vs premerger of 3.5%. That translates into a lot of bucks and huge quality of life. Its done, took a good hit, and time to move on. This used to be a great career and you would tell young folks that they should become airline pilots. Since 9/11 it has turned in to just a job, can't recommend it anymore. With this list my job seems to have gotten worse not better, but maybe I am wrong about that. Hopefully things will turn around. Good luck to us all and may the economy turn around.

keenster
How are you able to calculate your pre and post merger percentages at retirement? If you have a seniority list like that or a spreadsheet or a .pdf, can you please share it? I am trying to do that as well, but I can't seem to get NWA retirements by year from anyone on the NWA side.