Thread: Dal Won
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 08:44 AM
320FOB
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by PackTrip View Post
How are you able to calculate your pre and post merger percentages at retirement? If you have a seniority list like that or a spreadsheet or a .pdf, can you please share it? I am trying to do that as well, but I can't seem to get NWA retirements by year from anyone on the NWA side.
Yeah, ezopenboard is where we are getting it but that only shows retirements by year senior to you....not the full picture. From a spreadsheet of our last seniority list I can give the following numbers, but not by each year:

Total NWA Retirements(age 65) in total years from 12/12/2008:

1 year: 17
5 years: 192
10 years:1274
15 years: 2856
20 years: 4030
25 years: 4828

I am a 1996 hire. Almost exactly 1000 DAL pilots hired at DAL after I was hired at NWA are now senior to me. HOWEVER, only about 130 of those are also younger than me.That tells me that focusing on the number of DAL guys senior to you now vs. DOH does not tell the full story.

I initially gained 2% relative seniority, HOWEVER, 12 years from now I will have lost 8% relative seniority. So,that means down the road lots of DAL pilots will benefit from NWA attrition. HOWEVER, I end up at age 65 at the SAME relative seniority. Instead of retiring around #50 at NWA I will retire around #180 combined. I am not complaining at all. But this illustrates how different positions on the list and pilot age result in very different outcomes. No way to please everyone right? The fact that I hear pilots on BOTH sides griping about it tells me it was probably about right.