Old 12-12-2008, 02:17 PM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Ski Patrol View Post
I saw the video and was embarassed. The union's intent was as you say but it was almost as if they were condoning the scheduling practice. Also last time I flew the line there were some embarassingly disheveled pilots walking around.
It called "living on your knees"...........after a while, you don't even recognize it anymore. It appears the Mesa ALPA leadership (and many of their pilots) are suffering from the Stockholm Syndrome and are beyond hope.

Sad to see, but you can't rationalize this. The Mesa ALPA leadership endorsed this, the majority of the pilots chose it and so it is a world they can accept. When one sees the political spin by national to try and make a sows ear into a silk purse, I can only wince.

This pilot group won't do any better under even more trying circumstances in the future when most (if not all) of Mesa's contracts are bounced. Mesa can write all Delta flying off with certainty at the first opportunity it can and UAL isn't far behind.

Sorry to say, but it's all over for this group of pilots. Many of us predicted this as the writing on the wall was obvious.

RIP Mesa pilots.