View Single Post
Old 12-12-2008, 05:03 PM
dragon
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2006
Position: Dismayed

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
Okay, these are Forgot to Bid notes... they could be wrong and they were not cut and pasted from the pwa: (mind you I didn't take good notes in college, I doodled and lovingly stared at the hot girl one row forward of me... thank you big SEC school)

Pilots Who Are Displaced
i)Pilots get a 30 day notice from DAL of the conversion date of his displacement. The displacement will not be rescinded prior to the 30 day conversion date without the pilots permission.
ii)A pilot who holds a MD will, without regard to the standing bids of senior pilots, be reinstated to the category from which he was displaced if:
(1)A vacancy is posted in such category and the earliest conversion date stated in the posting is within the 180 day period following the conversion date of his MD,
(2)His standing bid indicates a request for such reinstatement, and
(3)Such vacancy has not been filled by the reinstatement of a senior pilot who was also awarded an MD from such category.
iii)Insufficient MD Preferences
(1)A pilot whose standing bid does not contain sufficient MD preferences as of the closing date and time of the posting and is displaced will be assigned the next lower position at his base and if the pilot is not senior enough to hold a lower position at his base will at the Company option be assigned into any position at another base that his seniority would permit him to hold.
As one of the displaced CVG 73N folks, does this mean I get to go back to the 73 if a vacancy is offered anywhere, or only in CVG??

As Ranger said, I'm very near the bottom and D@mn glad to be here on whatever equipment Mother D wants me in.