View Single Post
Old 12-13-2008, 02:11 PM
ZBowFlyz
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Left
Default 10 Year History Question

I have an interview set up and had a few questions about documenting my employment history. My first question is about the accuracy of the dates. By that I mean is saying June through May okay? Or do I need to say June 3rd through May 10? (for example)

Also, my history is difficult because of long periods of "self employment" with a few seasonal jobs and temporary jobs during the year. I am a retired Professional Rodeo Cowboy so I spent most of my time on the road traveling between rodeos. During any of those 8 years I spent a few months hurt and not rodeoing. During those times I either worked cash jobs, construction jobs, or was hurt enough I couldnt work. There is also a little college in this same time frame. Two companys I worked for actually rehired me 4-5 times. Explaining this on paper is difficult to say the least.

After High School I didn't go to College for 5 years. Do I need to be accurate with the pre-college employment/self employment?

One big problem is that I've moved enough that I have misplaced my W-2s from everything more than 3 years ago. I'm confident that I've got everything sorted out to be accurate within a month or so. The recent history is accurate. Anything more than 3-4 years is much harder to get very accurate.

Do I need to be accurate to the day on the entire 10 year history?

Thanks