Thread: Cross bidding?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 04:24 AM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Originally Posted by acl65pilot View Post
I have been wondering about this too. I was just told the same thing. They would love to do all of the rebasing right now well the loads are down and they could train more, but there are a few issues with doing so.
The decision has been made to keep most of the ops separate until SOC.
I have also understood it to be that the 757 guys from NWA may be able to do joint ops prior to SOC. We will just change your books and procedures as well as a few other things, which will allow the FAA to sign off on this gene pool mixing before SOC.
That could be what people were referring to when they told me about SOC in April.
757/767 integrated operations requires a lot to be accomplished. I would not expect it before next year. They have not even agreed yet on what the integrated cockpit procedures are going to be. Once they do that they have to retrain everyone on the new procedures. This may or may not require a simulator ride depending on the changes. They have to rewrite all the books. They have to provide differences training between the types and in the case of NWA pilots it looks like two 767 simulator rides will be required. None of this is going to happen fast and with the new 767 program manager living in Seattle and trying to commute to ATL he will have limited time to work on all this.