Thread: Allatps
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2006, 01:57 PM
N6724G
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Flight Instructor

I m not not just a professional pilot wannabe. I am an aviation enthusiest. I'm the guy you see going to EAA airshows in Oshkosh or helping out with the Young Eagles program. I am the guy that loves seeing an old warbird. (my dream is to fly a P-51 just like the Tuskegee AIrmen). I'm the guy that hangs out at the flying club just to talk even if I dont have a flight scheduled that day.

Thats why I get so hyped on the "majors" thread at folks like skyhigh. SOme of us aremt in aviation stricly for the money. We have a passion for flying and if we can make a little money at it then thats a bonus. But if I never make $200K then thats ok too. I dont have to be an airline pilot. I wouldnt mind flying for the FAA as a flight inspection pilot, or flying for the forestry service or law enforcement, or teaching aviation in a university aviation program. There are many opportunities other than being an airline captain out there.

In fact, yeterday I was down in south Georgia checking out the Ag-pilot school. The chief pilot took me up in a Super Cub and showed me what they do as an ag pilot. It was fun flying low to the ground at 100kts. There were only two instruments on the plane, the altimeter and the airspeed indicator. No bank infortain except a compas. I actually had to look "outside" the airplane to see how much to bank. SOmething I hadnt really done since my PPL days. So, it was good to get back to basics.

Last edited by N6724G; 08-08-2006 at 02:03 PM.