Old 12-15-2008, 08:54 AM
320FOB
Line Holder

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by Jay5150 View Post
I think what he's saying is that pre merger this guy couldn't hold widebody pay at NW, i.e 330 or better. (did NW 75 pay widebody rates, I don't remember). Now he can hold a true widebody, with the override, and there are alot more of them available now for a pre-merger NW guy. Thus better Q.O.L. etc, etc...
No, I think you're missing my point. He could not hold 330 or better at NWA and he still can't hold a "DAL" 330. The only widebody he may be able to hold now at DAL is the 767. Yes, it is a widebody, but it pays the same as the 757 that he is holding at NWA. NW 757 FO's got about an 11% raise in the JPWA. He gets that whether or not he can now hold a "true widebody" seat since the 76 pays the same as the 75.

I was responding to the quote that he couldn't hold a widebody FO seat before and that , now that he can, it is an even bigger raise. I was basically saying "so what" and "it's not a raise"(beyond what he gets as a NWA 757 FO anyway in the JPWA). His narrowbody seat pays the same as the widebody seat that he can now theoretically hold at DAL. I can't dispute your comments about Intl. override and QOL on the DAL 767 vs. NW757, but the whole QOL thing is very subjective. Personally, I agree with you on the QOL...I.E. I would rather go to the places the DAL 76ER flys than where the NWA 757 flys, but that could be changing now and my "good layover" could be very different than someone else's.