View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 08:24 PM
flyover
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Short Bus Right

Originally Posted by 757Driver View Post
So far they haven't made an appearance and they probably won't for the foreseeable future.
No Cal will just continue to add more 50 seater's as they have the superior MEC and Pilot group with the superior vision to allow this to happen. Like in the 90's when they were conned by management to allow only 25 RJ's to do Continental Express Flying. Oops, Look at how much capacity is done by RJ's for Cal now that used to be mainlines. Where did the CAL DC9's, old 737s, and Mad Dogs go? Oh Yeah I forgot that the union wasn't ALPA, but who voted? ALPA and Prater better have learned from this mistake which has seemed to repeat itself over and over again with just slightly larger regional aircraft every time and now it is a 75 seat issue. What's next?

The most hypocritical thing I ever heard while on a CAL Jump seat from the Scab Cal Captain. "Look there goes another one of those Dang 50 seat Barbie Jets stealing our flying!" So how did he Vote?

My opinion is: If it sucks and blows it should be done by mainline at mainline rates.

As most of your wife's say to you, "Size Doesn't Matter, it's your Paycheck I want." But as Greedy Airline Management negotiates, "It's your job I want, and size does matter.