View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 06:09 AM
usmc-sgt
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Default VA approved type rating

I am looking to get my ATP here in the near future and need some input. I will eventually get the free one here at work but I have been applying and trying to get into 135/91 work in the area and not having the ATP on the resume is not helping.

I have figured that the cheapest I have found is a guy up in presque isle and the fee is 2k or so.

Now my logic. I have military GI benefits and figured if I can find a VA approved type rating for around 5k that the price would be 2k out of pocket after reimbursement. I understand that a CE500 or a B737 type rating without time in type is useless but my argument is that is it any more useless than 3 more hours in a seneca?

Anyone know of any places offering VA approved type ratings? I am looking for innexpensive and understand that for the price I am not going to get the best training available just trying to get the check in the box. Something in the bizjet category would be ideal but I understand that the 737 will probably be the least expensive.

I have done the requisite google searches but have been falling short. FTI no longer offers it but they advertise that they do.