Thread: DFW commute
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 06:35 AM
cfitstew
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2007

Originally Posted by chignutsak View Post
When I get off mil leave I will be based in DFW and I was thinking of moving to TX. I am looking into SAT and AUS. Anyone have any opinions on these places and their QOL? I know SAT is one of the cheapest places in the country housing wise. How is the commute? I show lots of flights, how full are they?
I've commuted out of SAT to one city or another for about 14 years now. DFW has always been one of the toughest places to get to.

It was better when Delta used to fly between SAT and DFW but now American is the only game in town. There are a ton of flights and they are all on MD80s but they are always full and there is usually a jumpseater. Taking American is usually a last resort out of SAT for me. They are great to jumpseaters, but it seems that someone has usually beaten me to the jumpseat when I get to the gate.

Getting to DAL is usually not a problem on Southwest, but then you have to get yourself over to DFW. I think Super Shuttle charges about $20. Good luck, San Antonio is a great place to live. I'll be a commuter forever.