View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 07:39 AM
EXXO
New Hire

Joined APC: Dec 2008

Originally Posted by FalconFlyer View Post
We all feel that these will be the only terminations even if the economy stays this way for another 6 months. We had 122 pilot, now 99, ie 11%.

We are just parking our aircraft, not selling them off in hopes that the economy turns around sometime in the near future. XO will be ok. I'm afraid that some of the big fractionals are in for it next... I hope not though.

Falcon guy, 23 outa 122 isn't 11 persent. Parking airplanes that have a payment of 150k a month is not a rosie picture, and what about all the aicraft coming from the manufacture? The real picture is, xo jet hype is running out and they know it. They have been counting on the mid east deal to keep them going and that is not going to happen. watch the news, there was a story yesterday about the collaps of UAE, the boom there is over and they just figured it out. They went to MEBA last month and relized they were way behind the curve and had the wrong equipment.
Who ever told you the guys who got ousted were bad apples is full of it, and probibly one of the ops insiders who picked the pilots to get canned.
Talk to someone who was layed off and hear their story about how it happened, no warning, no explination and no regard for the time and hard work they put in. I worked there when we had no sked, just did what was needed to keep the planes flying with no regard for my family life...so don't say you have you're job cuz all the hard work and a55 bustin you been doing. The truth is, you have you're job because the ops clowns that voted on the list don't know you, its that simple!
As a pilot, we should all be concerned about the date of hire deal, it gives you the security to buy a house, put down some roots and just plain sleep at night. If it takes a union then so be it, I wish now that we had one.
Keep a low profile, live outa town, don't attend the xmass party and for god sakes... never have an opion about anything and you may just get threw the next round.
Sorry if that sounds harsh, I'm sure you're a cool dude, I probily interview you and flew with ya.