Thread: DFW commute
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 10:16 AM
captain152
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by saxman66 View Post
Whats wrong with living in DFW? It's cheap too! But yes, AUS and SAT would be pretty easy commutes. AA has all mainline flights running quite often. Although I believe they are sometimes full, but since they run pretty often, you wouldn't have too much problem getting a jumpseat. I guess if you really needed to get to work, you can take SWA to Love Field, but it'd be an expensive cab ride to DFW. My commute is 3 hours and would love to have a 30 minute commute.

Ok I just read the post above, and I would listen to him, someone who actually does the commute...
What part of DFW are you talking about being cheap exactly? I've lived there my whole life and it's anything but cheap if you're north of 183 ... if you're south I can't really speak for much since I never lived in those parts. Sure you can find some places that are fairly inexpensive, but for the most part pretty much everything is a bit pricy.

As for commuting though, I don't know much about SAT (I haven't heard anything bad about it though), but I know that AUS is a friggin sweet place to live and fairly easy to get in and out of.