Old 12-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Pantera
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006
Position: Happy FO

Originally Posted by seafeye View Post
Seriously, not a flame question...

If and when Mesa goes TU, will you honor a national seniority list if ALPA puts one out?
If your airline gets some of Mesa's airplanes after they go broke are you going to let Mesa pilots work those airplanes? Be intergrated on your seniority list? Or are we going to let those pilots start at the bottom again?

I ask because....
A national seniority list should be a must. This is the only profession in which we are forced to work for a company that treats us bad. I did first year pay once and thats it for me. I will not go sideways and take first year sh*t pay again. This is definitely benefiting the company because they can treat you like crap and it would take a lot for a guy to quit. No other professional career would they ever ask you to start at first year wages again.

The airlines suck and the only thing that makes guys go to the airlines is big shiny jet syndrome and the possibility that 20 years from now they will make more money. No retirement anymore thats worth a crap. My advice to any new pilot is get a degree in something else that pays well. ALPA and the airlines and pilots have ruined this profession.