Old 12-19-2008, 07:47 AM
wags3539
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Gear Slinger
Default Has anyone taken the Air Traffic Control ATSAT test?

I'm not sure if it's the fact that I had the worst 5 days of reserve this past week, or the fact that there is too much uncertainty in this job for me to be comfortable making it a career.

I am just wondering if anybody on here has considered air traffic control, and if you have either already taken the test, or are scheduled to take the test? I put in my application back in September, when I was at risk of being furloughed, and just set up a test date for early next month. Unless we find a way to get a national seniority list (hence some better security to actually make flying a career), I don't think I want to stick around even though it looks as if I may survive the current downturn. I figure now is the time to make a switch as I have only been with the company for a little over a year, and would not be giving up much seniority in case I decided ATC was not the job for me.

Sorry if this is hard to read, I'm sure my grammar is way off since I did not get back until after midnight last night after a 16 hour day.

Mod note: I fixed them for you. Signed, Mom