View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 03:41 PM
Jetjok
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by MaydayMark View Post
Listen genius ... if you can manage to arrange for me to receive my retirement at age 54 (that's when I'll have been a Wide-body Capt for 5 years) without a significant deduction to my retirement benefits ... I'll be glad to go away and get out of your way

I've said many times on this forum that I just do not understand why ANYBODY with their retirements maxed out would ever consider sticking around to hub turns at night. I just don't get it!*?

And JJ ... no need to pipe in with, "It's my right to keep working and nobody is going to tell me otherwise!" We all know that's your position, we just think it's a bit pathetic that you don't have anything better to do in retirement.

Mark
Mark,

You ignorant slut!

1. We're all sick and tired of you and your really dumb comments here. Please cease and desist.

2. Toward that end, we've taken up a collection, from all FedEx pilots, and in fact, all other pilots who have, over the years, read your dribble here, and I'm proud to announce that we've managed to collect an astonishing $1.25. Is that enough to have you retire right now? Please say it is.

3. And what's this "deduction" you speak of? Most of the time, deductions are self-induced, or self-selected reductions in gross pay. Perhaps you're speaking of a "reduction" in retirement benefits.

4. We all know you've said many times that " I just do not understand why ANYBODY with their retirements maxed out would ever consider sticking around to hub turns at night. I just don't get it!*?". We understand that you JUST DON'T GET IT. Give it a rest already. We cannot be held responsible for your lack of understanding.

5. I'm not piping in here, but in case you've been on Pluto or Mars for the past year or so, you'd understand that I've made my decision on returning to work or not. If you still don't realize what that decision was, please PM me and I'll share it with you. So, like I've said before, I've no dog in this "fight", but would like you to try to expand your mind and understand that not everyone has the same needs/desires/work ethic/relationships/hobbies/etc, etc, as you do. As well, why do you guys always talk about these senior guys doing night hub turns? If they are that senior, they'll do what THEY want. The fact (from my perspective) is, if someone senior to me wanted to fly a night hub turn, good on them, because maybe it left a day flight for me.

Anyway Mark, it's always a pleasure "talking" to you.

TO ALL: Have a Merry Christmas and fly safe out there.

JJ