View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 10:06 AM
QXrjdriver
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: B737 FO

Originally Posted by WatchThis!
[From another forum, but worth reposting here]

I wonder who was planning on blowing up the planes???

Could it have been a group of cheese salesmen from Wisconsin????

Perhaps a group of pastors coming back from touring old churches in Europe????

A basketball team from New York????

A group of Boy Scouts and their leaders returning from an international jamboree???

Some Swedish models????

Retired Americans coming home from a dream vacation overseas????

Oh I know a group of business men coming back after wrapping up a lucrative merger deal with a British Corporation???

Might it have been people from Hollywood returning to the US after checking out a location to shoot a film???

A group of high school students traveling as part of an educational tour that they had bake sales and car washes for a year to pay for??

Cricket fans???

Soccer fans???

Newlyweds returning from their honeymoon???

Active duty military personnel returning to the United States from overseas???

Perhaps medical researchers traveling to the US to work on a project to cure or treat some horrible disease???

Might be some of those crazy b@astards who work on new computer and communications technology???

Perhaps some Americans returning to the US via LHR from a visit to friends and family living in Israel???

A group of golfers returning to the US after playing on some of the famous golf courses in the UK????

Oh I know some 85 year old WW II vets coming back from a tour of the beaches they last visited 60 years ago?? Some of those guys are still suffering from PTS, might be them???

How about some kids from BYU coming back from a year of doing mission work overseas???

I wonder???? Does anyone want to speculate what group of individuals would be plotting to blow up a bunch of aircraft traveling from Great Britain to the United States???? The possibilities are endless and the choices so broad. I have mentioned just about all the groups I could think of.

Can anyone come with another group of individuals who execute and plan 99% of the terrorism (cowardism) that plagues the world???

I certainly hope the investigators do not target a specific ethnic background or members of a certain religion. The suicide bombers could be anyone, from any religion or ethnic group, it would be unfair to profile anyone and make security so much less efficient...
It's about time somebody said it. When do we put aside PC bullsh!t and do something that might actually strengthen security. Profiling is needed. There are many gaping holes in avaition security, but closing one of them would be a much-needed miracle. I hope (but I'm not counting on it) somebody at TSA/DHS will get off their @ss and start doing something to fix it.