View Single Post
Old 08-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Flying Ninja
Need More Flight Time!

Joined APC: Jan 2006
Position: Flight Simulator X

"CAPT was a tremendously effective experiment in proving that an individual could go from zero flight time to the right seat of a commercial jetliner with as little as 225 flight hours"

Experiment. Heh. They're still experimenting. And if you sign up with them, you're going to be paying for it.

"Of the program's 71 graduates, 57 have been hired as pilots by regional airlines, cargo carriers, and corporate flight departments since it began in August 2003."

According to their web site today of current hires, they say they placed 42 people. So are they lying about the 57 as being hired? I noticed that they didn't take credit for the three cadets that paved their own way. So where are these other 15 people? I know they had one or two classes graduate (typically 6 people in a class) and I know for a fact not all of them got placed! The most recent class only had 2 placements with Focus out of 5. Unreal.

I find it absolutely funny (and scary if you're looking into this CAPT program) how Careers in Aviation and Flight Training Services International are nowhere to be found on the Internet. What are they hiding here? Or is it just another example of their incompentence at information distribution?

"For more information on FTSI and the CAPT program, visit www.captprogram.org."

That's great. Except there is no information on FTSI there. Good job showing your incompetence on the Internet boys.