View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 07:16 AM
crewdawg
Super Moderator

Joined APC: Jul 2006

My friends that went to ERAU say the same thing all my Air Force Acdemy friends say, "I wish I had went to a normal college."

Went to a normal University with a 141 program attached to it and had a blast. It was a small program, one where you pretty much knew everyone. This is good and bad, but mostly good. One of the great things about going to a normal college is making friends in all different majors. Ya, it's great to make a bunch of contacts in aviation but it's great having contacts in careers outside of aviation. Like I said I went to a small university (prolly 150 people at any one time) and I have contacts at most all the regionals, 2 majors a few corporate departments and tons of us are military. On top of all that I have numerous contacts in all sorts of other career fields (possible backup, should my medical go south).

As far as frats go, depends on where you go. My buddies that went to small private college tended to be greek as pretty much everyone was there, or so I'm told. I went to a big state university and if you have to join a frat to find things to do, your either socially inept or stay in your dorm room all the time. Not to mention I could barely pay for college, even with the Guard footing alot of the bill, let alone, pay to join a frat. Also, there was no way I was going to ask my parent for money to join a frat, but hey if you have the money then by all means...enjoy.

Goodluck with whatever you choose.