View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 06:15 PM
BoilerUP
The NeverEnding Story

Joined APC: Sep 2005

Originally Posted by coldbricks View Post
Dont take this the wrong way, but It is simply not possible to do two degree programs at Purdue when you are a freshmen. I know people who couldnt get past first year engineering, let alone flight training and all the other classes. Of course you will have NO life if you attempt this, and at Purdue if you try this, you will burn out very quickly. Purdue is a great school with a far superior social atmosphere than Riddle (we actually have girls!) but it is much harder.
I knew a girl at Purdue who in her freshman year (2002) was a double Nuclear Engineering/Management major, was in the Marching Band, and was also under scholarship in AFROTC. She 'rushed' Arnold Air Society, but had to drop out a couple weeks in because that was the straw that evidently broke the camel's back.

I don't know what ever happened to her beyond her freshman year (I was medically booted from Det. 220 prior to Field Training), but last I had heard her GPA was well above 3.0 and she was doing well in ROTC. How she had time to sleep let alone have any life I have no idea...

With that said, I knew plenty of folks who couldn't make it through Freshman Engineering. The joke around ROTC was "What do you call an ROTC cadet and engineering student after their first semester? An OLS student."

I was too busy working 3 jobs while taking 18-20 hours of class to do something stupid like double major or do engineering

BoilerUP
Purdue '05