View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 09:04 AM
FlyJSH
Day puke

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Out.

Originally Posted by avanti View Post
OK, so everyone I have talked to has said not to do this. Except for the people that have done it, and they say to do it, cautiously. One of those guys specifically told me a lot of old-timers will try to put you off it, tell you its impossible and not for the faint of heart. But that they are just trying to get the job for themselves.

I am not considering doing this for the money, but for the experience. If I want to be a ferry pilot and have no experience crossing the pond, then how the he## do I get that first bit of experience without doing something like this?? I have ferried within the US before, but every transatlantic flight job I apply for I get told sorry, not enough experience.
I have no experience with a trip of this magnitude... but I think the best reason NOT to fly this trip is that nobody else has taken it. If it weren't foolish, one of the oldtimers would be doing it him/herself.

If you do take the trip, what is the policy if half way through you decide, "This is crazy, I quit!"?

Godspeed