View Single Post
Old 10-17-2005, 11:23 AM
FLYBOYMATTHEW
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: Office Chair

Whatever you do...don't try to hide it. I teach groundschool and fly for a 121 airline, and we just had a similar situation with a new hire. He had something on his record from 15 years ago, and it was his understanding that it had been removed. He never disclosed it to anyone in the interview process. About the 3rd day of class, his fingerprints were processed and it showed up on his record. Needless to say, he was sent packing after quitting his other job to be there. You can do a background check on yourself, and if you think there is any chance of something being on your record, you would be crazy not to before you apply at an airline. Do the same with your driving record. I had some speeding tix on my record from when I was a young punk. They were SUPPOSED to drop off my record automatically after 5 years. I got a print out from the DMV before I started applying, and there were about 3 tickets ranging from 5-8 years old still on my record. How would that have looked to a prospective employer? I got them removed by filling out a form. Good luck, and don't give up...even if the first couple airlines turn you down.