Old 12-23-2008, 10:22 AM
Kenny
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: Professional Expat

Originally Posted by hans View Post
Hi Kenny,
thanks for your posting!
I plan on going for an interview soon. Did they pay for your flights to an Emirates station on other carriers as well. As far as I know they fly you from any Emirates station to dubai.
In regard to the interview questions, math, atp questions, can you elaborate on those a little?
I appreciate your time,
Hans

In order:

Yes, they paid for me to go IAD-JFK-DXB and back.

Don't get confused here, Part 1 of the interview process includes about 1.5 hours of computer testing. I seem to remember there being some very basic atp level questions. The arithmetic was basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, etc. Spatial orientation: If the plane is here, in relation to a VOR, which instrument shows the correct position, etc. Fly an ILS, using a joystick, rudder pedals and the keyboard.

Part 2, if you get through to the last day is when you'll sit down with 2 interviewers. NO tech questions, it's all tell me about a time. Situational and how did you deal with it?

I really don't feel you can study for this interview. Either you can fly and get along with others, or you can't. That's why I think the sim and the group exercise are the 2 most important parts of the whole process. Some guys who were cut after day 2 felt the computer testing let them down but out of the 30 arithmetic questions, I only got 21 done and I know 5 of those were wrong because it's been 20 years since I last did long division.

The best bit of advice I can give, without sounding clichéd about it, is enjoy the experience and be yourself. Oh and if you've been to a CX interview, the two experiences will be night and day.