Thread: Allatps
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2006, 08:25 AM
N6724G
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Flight Instructor

Originally Posted by ctd57
Amen to that. You can get it done within a predetermined amount of time and money, and I am one of the many who complete this program all the time at ATP. I do know of a handful who didn't make it though the program. But, these same people most likely wouldn't have made it through airline training. ATP is probably the best way to get ready for airline training. No airline is going to let you take your sweet time during training. If you cannot make it in the time alotted, see ya later. And N6724G, the COMM ME checkride is one of the easiest checkrides out there. It is basically the same as a PVT check except the maneuvers are a little bit different and there isn't as much room for error. I would honestly recommend to anyone, if not ATP, a program where you are required to get done in a certain amount of time. It will help you in the long run. You are unable to put things off and it forces you to learn. Alot of people on this website say that ATP doesn't teach you to fly, they have no clue what they are talking about. N6724G, if I were u I would do a little bit more investigating and bite the bullet and make the commitment to a structured course.

I realize ther eare a lot of young people on this board. I am 37 yers old college graduate and Army Officer. I have a family. I cant afford to make $1000/month. SOmeof us have bills to pay.

As for training. I must be dumb as hell then. Caude I did my PPL trainng as a college grad a age 27 and it took me 109 hours to get my lisence. Does that mean I will not make it as an airline pilot? Guess what? Airline flying is NOT the only flying out there