View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 12:43 PM
FlyJSH
Day puke

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: Out.

Originally Posted by avanti View Post
What does everyone think of my latest crazy idea?

What do I think of your idea? YOU called it crazy!

If things get bad, two hours supply of de/anti ice on a nine hour leg isn't that much.

And a two hour capacity for the deice in the "normal" setting. What is the capacity in the "Oh sh*t" setting?

Before you undertake this undertaking (pun intended), try reading Lindberg's book The Spirit of Saint Louis (We is another good read, but less focused on the flight). Or if you are in a hurry, watch the movie:even knowing the outcome, I peed my pants a little.

Speaking of Peeing, why not practice before the flight? Find a new acquaintance, open your pants, take a funnel and fill a cup. Don't mean to be rude: just pragmatic. (I always get performance anxiety when faced with "operation golden flow" ).

One thing that will help with number two is adjusting your diet. Prior to Iron Butt trips ( see IBA - World's Toughest Motorcycle Riders), I adjust my diet to reduce my refuse: lots of simple sugars for energy and broths for protein. No heavy stuff to plug me up or weigh me down.

If you still feel it necessary to do something crazy, why not just come fly with me? I can show you wondrous places like Victoria, TX. Or perhaps you would prefer the mystery of a border town: Del Rio! Wherever you choose, our time alone in the cockpit, handling the joystick, and penetrating storms would provide you memories to last the rest of your life.