View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Pontius Pilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Position: CRJ FO

Nobody is going to be able to give you any news on hiring, period. Its all rumor, hopes, dreams, thoughts, etc. This includes the pilots, management, ALPA and HR department. Quite simply its because nobody knows!!! When I got hired in March they were projecting hiring another 500 below me. Only 2 more training classes went in underneath me...the result was about 100 people below me. HR was interviewing up until the second the cuts were announced.

Nobody knows because they can't predict the future. There is no crystal ball. The future of the economy can't be predicted, fuel prices can't be predicted, passenger loads can't be predicted - this means hiring needs can't be predicted. Things could change drastically tomorrow or they could keep on the same path.

If you can continue to wait around in the pool, then do so. If you have a current job, don't need the money then you can stand to wait. But if you're just hanging around waiting for that opening when you could be looking elsewhere you're a fool. Nobody will be able to tell you when we'll be hiring again. Not even Nostradamus.

Sorry, I know that isn't what most want to hear, but its a dose of airline style reality. Something that, once you get the job, you'll become intimately familiar with!!