Old 08-11-2006, 03:29 PM
TonyC
Organizational Learning 

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Directly behind the combiner

Originally Posted by 42GO View Post

The facts are that OUR management has little or no authority to do almost anything, and that includes Jack, except run day to day operations.
I'm sorry, but that excuse is old and tired, and we're not so dumb that we'll fall for it. Why does he participate in Negotiations if he has no function? To whom does he provide his expertise and advice? The fact that he sits on the OTHER side of the table speaks volumes to me, and it should to you. If you can't get that, it's because you CHOOSE to be blind.

Decisions that we are concerned about are made, sorry to say, much higher than them.
Yeah, like the decision that you shouldn't be parking in the Out & Back lot if you're dragging a suitcase.

Tell me - - is he "in touch" with the real line pilot?!?!? How many Out & Backs have you flown where you trusted the airplane, the weather, the system form, and scheduling so much that you didn't carry a bag with toothpaste and clean underwear? HUH? Making such a statement betrays just how LITTLE he knows about what we do every day.

So they get most of the blame with very little authority.
Cry me a river. Who has the authority to fire a pilot? HIM

As far as the handspanking, there are a ton of guys that have done some of the dumbest stuff over the years they should have been gone multiple times over. Just ask someone who knows.
And I don't think you'll find any of them on this website.
Yeah, ask the Flex Instructor who saved an engine, and whom Jack had fired (from the Training Department) because the Captain's feelings were hurt. He was fired as a Flex before Jack ever even spoke with him. Jack had to change his mind once the Flew was given an audience.

I'm sure it makes you feel good, and patriotic, and loyal to stick up for him. However, your defense of him rings hollow. Whatever favor he did for you in the past, I don't know. I'll bet you a dime to a dollar, though, he saw it as being in HIS best interest. Remember, he volunteered to do this job. He makes the choice every day to stay in this job. He can choose to be the Company's man, or he can choose to be the pilots' advocate. As long as he chooses the former, I have no sympathy for him.