View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 08:13 AM
swaayze
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2005
Position: DFW A320 FO

Originally Posted by WmuGrad07 View Post
As for the Eagle being my stepping stone as I said before. I was hired at Eagle with about 600 hrs, and Eagle was going to get me more multi and total time so I could move on to bigger and better. Not wait 7 years to upgrade just to be put back in the right seat.
Ha, ha. God (and lots of others lurking here) is laughing along with me at "your" plans. No offense, but don't get to locked into your plans as they will change more than a few times throughout an aviation career. Hopefully you'll be one of the few that has the relatively easy path to your goals.

PP, if you're only 9 mos into Eagle you might want to explore other careers. What you say is all true, but it took me 15 years and 2 furloughs to get the view you have and I still have a considerably better attitude even with a failed (for lack of a better description) career. It's not that bad (but it is still very frustrating), once you get some seniority, have your priorities straight and don't mind not having nice cars and HDTVs and lots of "stuff".

Just my 2 cents.