View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 04:51 AM
Airsupport
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: CRJ

i think this displacement is strictly a scare tactic. it isn't effective till march 2nd. and guess what. a buddy of mine was in the check airmen recurrent they just had and they were telling them that they would have more work to do starting in march.

my take: i have heard that the union has the contract in hand and is reviewing it for a possible ta. all of us know that the contract will mean the company needs to hire more pilots. we will have better work rules, more days off, etc etc. all of that adds up to more people on property. the memo from the company will read something along the lines of "We are very excited about this TA and believe our pilots deserve it. We are also excited that once this ta has passed we will be able to cancel the recent displacement and be able to put everyone back in their positions along with hiring on more pilots."

get ready for the propoganda to begin. remember the company doesn't have to pay a penny for this displacement till it actually happens in march. that gives them 2 months to scare people into thinking we better vote the contract in or else.