View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 12:47 PM
990Convair
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008
Position: Heavily Involved
Default Poker, the 777, and our paychecks

Very reliable source tells me when company institutes the proposed BLG reductions, it's going down like this:

For the FEB '09 Bid period, All domestic aircraft except the MD-11 will have their BLG'S lowered to the levels mentioned in the latest ALPA email.

The Union voiced their strong opinion that this is in direct violation of the contract, to which several high level MD's responded "FU#$ 'em, let 'em grieve it".

JG then informed the company that they should enjoy their new "twin-engine $165 million dollar MD-11's" they just purchased and that if this BLG reduction happens, they will NEVER have a 777 agreement (to which I say "YEAH!"). The company gets to deploy the 777 just like the MD. Also, we learned that the company is attempting to tactically deploy the 777 to stay under the 16 hour rule, instead of MEM-HKG they will fly IND-HKG and stay just under the 16 hour rule.

Let there be no question that although times are bad, relatively speaking (instead of making 4 BILLION NET, we will make 1.4 BILLION NET) we have already stepped up to the plate. We are living with less credit hours than before, and we have responded to the company's request for cost savings in other areas.

To ask us to sacrifice more is unreasonable and just another management mistep and miscalculation. I ask you to think of ONE positive leadership decision or change that the current regime has made? One? Obviously there is a disconnect between our current leadership and Mr. Smith for if he knew what was going down here and the horrible after-effects of losing our good-will he would most certainly step in and put a halt to rash of horrible decisions made by our management team.

I am thankful we have a CBA to ensure our rights and provide a detailed guideline for work rules to follow.

We will win this grievance and the fallout will be another "mooked" up decision, but this one will cost more than the proposed then cancelled excess bids of past.

I predict this one will cost the jobs of the senior management here at FDX. This one isn't DW or JG, we need to rally behind them and STICK TOGETHER.....FOR ONCE!