Thread: Tuskegee Airman
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 12:34 PM
⌐ AV8OR WANNABE
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2006

Originally Posted by MD11 View Post
Take some time and read a little history. The Russians were NOT our allies. Stalin aligned himself with hitler and they invaded Poland together. In June of '41, hitler and his group launch a surprise attack on Russia. The Russians were never embraced by the Allies even though they were fighting the same enemy. Also, take a look at how the Russians harrassed our aircraft during the Berlin airlift. They would never be mistaken for or should considered Allies during the war.
Hey Sherlock, why don’t you chill and stop belittling other posters simply because they don’t prescribe to what you think is the correct version of history? You are confusing your history or rather the timelines.

In my previous post I clearly acknowledged the Russians were never our true allies however officially yes they were our allies and yes we did indeed support them with money, weapons, know-how, etc. By no means do I consider myself an expert however history was my major and I figure I must have read at least a few history books.

The Russians were initially ‘allied’ with Nazi Germany via a non-aggression pact, the so called Molotov-Ribbentrop treaty where a secret portion of the treaty basically divided Poland, the Baltic states, Romania, etc. amongst the two.

However, once the Nazis attacked the Soviet Union the commies did indeed become our allies because we (the Americans and the British) decided that keeping the German forces diverted to the eastern front was more important than the plight of the Eastern Europe. That's also why we later sold out the entire Eastern Europe to the Russian sphere of influence at the Yalta conference. We knew fully well the Russians would never allow free and fair elections in Poland, Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Romania, etc yet we gave up those countries to the Russians on the condition of "free and fair elections” in those countries - that was the price for having them as our “allies”...

Additionally the Russians were supposed to declare war on Japan and help us fight the Japanese empire which the Russians did – a few weeks before the Japanese surrender ...
So again the Russians betrayed us by waiting to the very last minute and after the war ended up occupying the four Japanese Southern Kurile Islands – which is the reason to why Japan and Russia never signed a peace treaty after WWII.

Maybe you too need to read some more history, huh? I think the world would be a better place if all of us knew our history better…