View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 03:43 AM
Denny Chimes
Line Holder

Joined APC: May 2006

Originally Posted by RedeyeAV8r View Post
Don't forget the "White Spot" Cafe on 4th Ave about 3 blocks past where Blondie's used to be.

It is a greasy Spoon to be sure...........but a great breakfast or Halibut Sandwich for lunch and it is entertaining to say the least.

Shari, the Female proprietor (AKA The Soup Nazi) is an absolute hoot.

She boots out people for not "ordering" properly or if they are not patient with the slow service.She constantly states "This is not a fast food restaurant!" and she means it!
I've had many a delicious Halibut sandwich at the White Spot and some interesting conversations with Shari. Closest thing to the Soup Nazi I've seen but she makes an awesome sandwich. I'm kind of a jokester and my squadron mates liked to go with me as I sometimes stirred her up a bit for laughs. I guess she got used to it and used to call me out by name every time we came in. I think she liked me but it was hard to tell. I've definitely pushed the envelope in there a few times but never got the boot. All in good fun. Man, thinking about that Halibut sandwich makes me really miss living up there!