View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 07:18 PM
KC10 FATboy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2007
Position: Legacy FO

Luke:

I don't know anything about OTS -- I was ROTC. However, I can tell you that I wouldn't have ever flown in the USAF had I not said "no" to a couple of people that tried to close doors on me. First it was ROTC and then the doctors at Vance AFB who thought I was dieing and would be "disabled" for the rest of my life.

You need to get a second opinion. Call another recruiter. Go see your local ROTC unit and ask them about any help they might be able to provide. The guard and reserves are an excellent way to serve in the military.

Finally, take a look at yourself. What can you do to improve your resume? Clearly, having a PPL is going to be a plus. Whoever told you that it wasn't is an idiot. Do you have a technical degree or did you study language? How well did you score on the AFOQT? Can you take that again and score higher? What is your physical fitness like? How about your medical condition?

There are probably several reasons why you weren't selected. A pilot slot is highly competitive. However, you need to seek out why and ask if there is a way around it. Otherwise, you're not going to be a pilot.

-Fatty