View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 05:11 PM
Anthony W
New Hire

Joined APC: Jan 2009

Ok thanks for all the replys.
I'll first answer to a few of the comments.
1. I have 20/20 vision and hearing even being under the 747s!
2. I was in CAP for a little bit, maybe like a year or so, but I quit because 1, the things they learned i had already learned myself, and 2, because I didn't really fancy the whole military aspect. So basically I wasn't getting anything out of it just a bunch of "Yes, Sir" and "No, Sir".
3. I have flown before many times in the little Cessna's, so yes I know it's a little different than X-plane.
4. My school is right next to Scottsdale Airport (The school use to own the airport) so I'm thinking of going down there and maybe getting a job?
5. I've never been in a fight, smoked, been drunk or high, and I don't plan to either. And I've got my mind set to becoming a pilot. Only God would be able to change my mind!
6. I'm a European citizen. And now with the EU, I don't think there would be any trouble for me to live or work in Germany (Correct me if I'm wrong). Lufthansa also has a training center in Goodyear and I've been thinking for a while now to maybe go talk to them too.
7. I'd prefer not to do it through the military...it would take too long. Personally I'd like to take the fastest route.

Would ASU or NAU be a good choice for a college? I've been told I could get a full-ride scholarship there or at least any other in-state colleges. Maybe not Harvard but that should be enough...

Also, how does it work with the liscensing? In all cases, except military, do you have to get your liscence by yourself? That's more than $10,000 right there!

I don't want to be too picky as I know some things in life that just don't turn out the way you want them to. So I take it from what you guys are saying that:
1. You need good connections.
2. Airlines look for more than just aviation related stuff.
3. It takes a while to become a pilot. (Even for regional?)

Thanks again,
Anthony

Last edited by Anthony W; 01-05-2009 at 05:26 PM.