View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 05:14 PM
Free Bird
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by capncrunch View Post
I don't know my man, shrinking Delta while NWA has a trip rig disparity and increasing our flying sure looks like old NWA thinking. If DALPA had your back, they would try to eliminate that whipsaw immediately and support NWALPA's push for parity.
I think it's two differnt things that we're talking about here.

The 88B in ATL has been short for awhile. DALPA gave the co. a few months of increasing the ALV on the 88B to help out. I had heard about 3-4 months ago that our overall staffing was close to where it needed to be, we just had pilots on the wrong equipment. At some point Delta either needed to reshuffle the deck or hire. Hiring is unlikely right now, thus the re-shuffle. I have a hard thinking that NW mngt. had their hands in Delta 6-9 months ago when Delta mngt. was making staffing plans?

Reducing Delta flying and shifting to NW is another issue. This truely would be a NW pilots gain at the Delta pilots expense. Could be both issues at play here.

Most Delta pilots do support having us all at parity. Why did the NW ALPA agree to and the rank and file vote yes to the JC? All this bp5 stuff is new to us Southern folk. News flash guys, we don't like this any more than you guys do.