Thread: Cargo to major
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2006, 06:22 PM
ElBow513
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Thank you everyone for your opinions. I think I started this thread off wrong by comparing fed ex to a regional. Obviously I was wrong, sorry . I just got the wrong impression because a pilot friend of mine at Alaska told me he logged hours flying cargo from KYKM-KSEA and back. He said his flight school that he CFI'd at was contracted under FedEx or something like that so that is how I got the wrong impression of FedEx. I really would not mind flying cargo at all since hey...its still flying jets! I've just always been amazed by imagining having 150-300 people trusting you with their lives and having the great responsibility of all of them. Also, pretty flight attendants might be a plus too haha, jk jk...Anyway, is there any such thing as a sort of lower end/regional level cargo carrier? Obviously not UPS or FedEx...I sort of meant the original topic to query whether there was a small cargo company to get on with for say 5-10 years instead of a regional. Then my question is, if such a company exists, is it smarter to go with them and then hop to a major instead of a regional to a major. But hey, maybe I'll get hooked on cargo and love it too much to leave :-).