View Single Post
Old 01-06-2009, 06:56 PM
Herkflyr
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Left seat of a little plane

Originally Posted by Carl Spackler View Post
You're right...I guess we are different. We have 400 grievances because we don't open up by saying: "you had me at hello."

Our old management (DAL's new management) are going to just LOVE the way you look at labor issues.

Carl
Perhaps. But I can't think of too many who could claim with a straight face that NWA's contract was superior to ours pre-merger. In fact you all are angry because of a delay in receiving the more favorable work rules that we had all along!

I'm more in favor of "deeds, not words." You can grieve all you want and criticize our "close relationship" with mgmt. I will take that and our superior pre-merger contract--and fewer grievances.

That said, we have our share of grievances--thing is, we win nearly all of them because we don't file them as an afterthought every time we don't like the way mgmt looked at us. We actually determine that we have a strong case before leaping, as opposed to just knee-jerk filing to "feel good" which is apparently the NWALPA way. At some point people start ignoring the boy who cried wolf. DALPA on the other hand, only cries wolf when the real thing is barking at you.