View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 07:15 AM
acl65pilot
Happy to be here

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: A-320A

I do not want to get in to the fray, but I have a few points to make.

1) Team building does not equate to a$$ kissing, or giving you or I everything we want. That is pacifying the situation, and never works for long. True leaders lead, and do what is in the long term interest of all parties. ( I think your grievances should be heard) They will be too!
2) With all that is going on, and the impending merger of our union leadership, I am willing to bet that Delta management, and DALPA would prefer to deal with these after the union succession and leadership is determined in a little over a week.
3) I really do not think that the average line guy understands the implications of making trips conform to the JCBA rigs. It is not an over night process. We cannot just simply have our IT mainframe crunch your trips and lines along with ours. There simply is not enough computing power. We do have new servers et al on order, but with the economy taking a dump, a lot of this stuff is not sitting on the shelves.
Having your system do it takes a major IT rewrite. That is costly and only will serve a short term purpose, since we are all transition to our servers and software, it makes not sense to do this. (Big Picture)
It is not that DALPA or DAL management is out screwing you. It is the fact that they can see the forest from the trees. I agree that much of this could have been done prior to DCC, but if you read the TFA, there is a process that we will go through to make you conform to all the points of section 23 of the JPWA. (Actually all of the JPWA)

In closing, I do not intend to start or infer any ill-will on any NWA brethren. This is a difficult process. We signed on to how it would be done, and what contract points we would use by ratifying the JPWA. Reality can suck. My reality is that I will get to go through three a/c training events in two years. I am not complaining. It is the reality of the situation. IMHO there are going to many other things that will cause you more heartburn than this in the coming year or so.
I welcome you aboard our company. Remember that together we can achieve something great, but fighting each other will cause ripple effects through the rest of our careers. Ask yourself what kind of career you want.