View Single Post
Old 01-07-2009, 12:57 PM
BlaineFaban
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2006

[QUOTE=ohplease!;532778]
Originally Posted by Blkflyer View Post
In JP's and others' defense on this subject; we went from sub- to owned and back to sub- not from any of our doing. The arrogance and the "I'm better than you" attitude have worn far past thin. So, the whole "DL owns all the seats, you're a Sub-, we're better than you nahnahnahnah booboo" is not only ignorant. Its also stupid and childish.

Nobody is better than anyone else. We all do the same job...flying planes. Nobody is more qualified (even mighty Delta has hired 200 hours wonders with absolutely no experience and "helped...hmmm...them through training).
Nobody at ASA asked for RJs...mainline refused them...oops.

We (ASA and I'm sure most of the other lowlife regionals) have done nothing more than go over and above to do the absolutely best job possible no matter all the obstacles thrown at us to make Delta the best it can be. And believe me when I tell you (mainline guys) that your regional *partners* had (and still do in many cases) many more obstacles to overcome than you could possibly fathom, trying to make YOU look good and make money.
What does going from wholly owned to non-wholly owned have to do with pass benefits? Is it in you contract somewhere? Perhaps you just got a really good deal for awhile.

As far as the mainline vs. regional stuff, save it. It is irrelevant in the discussion at hand. He was the one that brought up mainline owns all of the seats.

As far as you guys going above and beyond, I have no doubt that some of you do. I also have seen much of the exact opposite. I have seen poor communication with the folks. In fact, I would say that non keeping your passengers in the loop during delays, gate hold outs, etc is the NORM hen I am on an ASA jet. One more disturbing thing I see regularly out of your people is getting off of my jet, in uniform, completely blocking the aisle while getting your bag out of the overhead while our paying pax are standing there waiting. Again, I see it routinely out of ASA crews, and it really chaps my hide. One pilot, a captain, was actually talking on his cell phone, in uniform, while trying to get his bag out of the overhead with one hand, while our paying passengers were looking at him with exasperated stares. Again, this is not exception, but routine, and not very classy at all.

The guy has already exaggerated his position with the Fl vs non-FL thing. Does he or does he not only commute on ASA? My guess is that he is flat out lying, and just looking for a sympathetic ear while displaying transparent bravado. In that respect, he is looking for trouble.

Non-rev benefits have been a source of angst amongst all Delta employees for awhile for the very reason that we are NOT equal. My jet can fly all people with next to no weight restrictions. Yours needs "working of the numbers" in order to carry 45 people if there is any kind of weather at all. Your jet goes to a LOT more places that MORE people don't want to go. Mine goes all over the states, to the popular destinations as well. That is not equal, yet the benefits were for a long time. That was a source of angst for many employees. They see more ASA and Comair employees benefitting than Delta employees. I personally don't use the travel enough for it to matter one way or the other.

Bottom line is that I wouldn't expect a lot of sympathy, especially if you approach it with JP attitude as well as his posting history.