View Single Post
Old 08-15-2006, 08:48 AM
surreal1221
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Sure, go for it. . . if you are willing to roll the dice and get lucky, or lose control of your professional progression, sure why not.

Seriously, I'm coming up on the end of my first enlistment. It's been an interesting journey, but somedays. . . more than most, I regret the decision. Thankfully I haven't had to deploy and be away from my family, but it's not the Air Force I was raised up in. Totally different ball game these days.

ATC slots are tough to get, but be patient, and hold out. Make sure you have a recruiter with atleast an ounce of integrity. Do not forget for a second it is their job to get you into the Air Force. . . not Into the Air Force as an Air Traffic Controller. Over the next couple of years, only 250 ATC slots will be allocated for new trainees. This includes crosstrainee's with time in service already.

But anyways. . . like I said. Don't forget it is the recruiters job to get you into the Air Force. He/She will wine and dine you and give you a lot of kool-aid. Be tough, stay on point, and don't swallow too much of the red stuff.