View Single Post
Old 01-08-2009, 08:10 PM
1900luxuryliner
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: Beech 1900D

Originally Posted by Ohiocrjfo View Post
As an ex FLX guy I can say I would recommend FLX to start off, and then when the regional stuff takes off again jump ship to go to a good regional/corp job.

Just don't be suprised if 8 months doesn't hold up for the upgrade. I was told 6 months when I started and it ended up being over a year in the 210.
Over a year to upgrade from a single-engine C-210, into a Baron? Wow...I didn't know that's how it worked over at Flight Express. If that is still the case, then I change my mind, and think you'd be better off rotting away in the right seat of a 1900, over the left seat in a C-210. I blasted up through the seniority list really quick at Lakes, and always held pretty good schedules with a really good QOL. I would expect more time on the bottom of the list nowadays, however. If you spend 1.5 years in the right seat at Lakes, I am willing to bet you would get some pretty prime schedules by that point. So, even if the upgrades stop at Lakes, life will be good. Extremely frugal, but good. I don't know if there is any great choice for you in this job environment. Like someone else said, be thankful you're young and have time on your side...