View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 07:57 AM
Ferd149
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: LAX ERA

Originally Posted by Express pilot View Post
With someone with some insight, what is the easiest commute from DFW to .... ATL, NYC, SLC, CVG, LAX, MSP, MEM, SEA, DTW

I know what ATL is like. Just trying to figure out were I would want to be based in the future.
I currently commute to MSP from DFW. Both us and AA have 6 per day each way and the good news is they are, in general, spaced enough apart to make the dash between terminals. The bad news is we are running 4 of the 6 as 76 seat RJs, only the two early morning departures are A-319s. Coming home, of course, the Airbusses are the two last shots home which, of course, is great.

I've done DTW in the past. The time zone is a pain which you already know going to ATL. AA is also a good option but they tend to be more wingtip and they are in the other terminal in DTW for coming home. Plus, we are down to 4 flights per day up to DTW (down from 6).

I did MEM years ago, easy commute but only 3 flights per day. Don't know if its still the case but back in the day, NWA would "take" the DFW jet for something else if needed because they knew they could throw people on AA. Real pain for planning.

Overall, I think MSP is the easiest of the old NWA three. Good luck, hope we get some bigger jets in here. AA still runs MD-80s or 737 and they are full. We could fill our's too if we tried.

Ferd