View Single Post
Old 01-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Roberto
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007
Position: 757/767

Originally Posted by b2pilot186 View Post
Just thought of a new question...Is a displacement bid a given follow-on to a realignment vacancy bid if enough crewmembers bid off the DC-8? I assume too that while the over-60 SDF FE's can't bid an open realignment vacancy, they can and will bid into FO or Captain spots during the displacement bid.

B2P
B2P

You are a bit mixed up on bidding procedures. Re-read Article 14, Domicile Staffing. If you (or anyone else) do not already have the contract as a shortcut on your desktop, I strongly recommend that you go to the IPA web site and download it. The downloaded version is a .pdf document and has a table of contents and a search function that make it very useable.

Re. your question, if all the reduced positions in the realigned domicile(s) receive a bid award from the Realignment Vacancy Bid, then the follow-on Displacement Bid is cancelled. (I haven't seen this happen in my 18 years, but you normally get a reduction as some choose to bid off).

Secondly, a Realignment Vacancy Bid is still a vacancy bid, with the difference being that if someone bids off the realigned domicile, that postion is not backfilled (unless more people bid off than were specified).

Everyone can bid, and the positions are filled IAW system-wide seniority.

Last edited by Roberto; 01-13-2009 at 06:43 PM.