Thread: Electric Razors
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2009, 03:05 PM
Cubdriver

Joined APC: May 2006
Position: ATP, CFI etc.

Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Dunno, on my part I used razors for a few years, but it always left me with rashes and other crap on my neck. After changing to a electronic version I'm not bothered by that anymore
This is my experience as well. I used Bics and double edge razors for about 20 years. For one reason or another I started getting rashes in addition to the usual minor cuts and bleeds. The close shave associated with a sharp razor also means that skin gets sliced away down to the sub-epidermal layer in some places, causing bleeding.

Out of frustration with rashes I was leery of continuing with razors and decided to try the cheapest rotary Norelco. They are only $40 bucks now in case you wondered. No more rashes, bleeding, soap burn, worn out blades, cuts or water was the result. I may sound like a commercial but I found it to be dramatically better than a razor. Closeness is not as tight but if you work at it a little bit you can do pretty well. I agree electrics are not as quick but they are a lot easier on your face and more pleasant to use.