Thread: Allatps
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2006, 07:48 AM
N6724G
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2005
Position: Flight Instructor

Originally Posted by LeoSV View Post
Well, I dropped it because my instructor was lame, and when I went to JAX, they dropped me off at an apartment with 3 other guys and the place was filthy. My instructor wouldn't let me fully control the plane during landings. When you talk to the people at the ATP office, they're rude. I watched somebody in a sim practicing for thier CFI checkride, and the student would ask a question to clarify, and the instructor would just bark back at him, "don't worry, just do it this way, or do it that way" with no explanation. That also was a complete turnoff. I'm paying 45K to be treated like an idiot? You can keep that!! 22 year olds that are "building time" make terrible instructors, I don't care what you say. If you're young, this is easier to stomach. When you're closing in on 30, if you're not in the military, being barked at by somebody 8 years younger than you does nothing but make you mad.
Leo,
Just curious but what does age have to do with it? I am 37 so I guess I should get mad if a 29 year ols yelled at me? But if I am wrong, then I am wrong