Old 01-18-2009, 12:20 PM
higney85
Property of Scheduling

Joined APC: Sep 2006
Position: Bus driver

Originally Posted by tpersuit View Post
I think the idea of joining the lists would be to create one group. I guess you mean some sort of base freeze for a couple years? The whole point of one list would be to create one group that would allow you all to move freely around and enjoy a much higher quality of life.
I think it would be much more of a certificate freeze. The truth is that there are not many folks (at least on the 9E side) wanting to fly the Q and commute to EWR (at least from crew room gossip and the guys I have flown with). IAH would be tempting for alot of commuters -I guess- but most are already jet CA's or have the QOL they desire on the jet. I could see the lists being merged (per ALPA's policy- NO STAPLE JOB) and fences put up. Since the corp HQ's are merging I could see us operating like republic- You would be "hired" by PNCL corp, and assigned an A/C and the operating cert of either 9E or 9L. It seems the division is jet/prop and the pay rates we currently have (and from what I have been told by the negotiating committee) are for seats and not divided by jet/prop. What that means is the 70 seat Q (I think its 70?) and the 76 seat -900 would pay the same rate. It has been said many times that Pinnacle mgmt wants 1 payrate for ALL FO's. So a -900 FO would make the same as a -200 FO, who would make the same as a Q, Saab, and even B1900 (have any left?) FO. I am not on the negotiating committee, just going from answers to questions I have asked. The single carrier cert/merged list deal is still all speculation for us. Scott may know more but 9L has enough on their plate to get the MEC/LEC set up and get to the table to get the colgan group the contract/QOL and pay they deserve. Patience is required- nothing happens overnight to be positive to pilots. Especially with this mgmt team that keeps adding folks from failed airlines to the mgmt ranks.