Old 01-20-2009, 04:09 PM
Nevets
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT

Originally Posted by Slaphappy View Post
None of us 60+% regret it and certanly not me. We're still better than just about all alpo regionals.
That's the problem. You don't regret riding coat tails. Its not just about regionals. Its about the profession as a whole.

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck View Post
That's a little harsh considering which pilot group appears to be happy and which one has taken paycuts. With all of ALPA's failures stacking up I wouldn't exactly pick them as some sort of poster child for why unions are great and I certainly wouldn't use them as a reason to throw stones at another airline with a happy pilot group. It's like you're just upset because someone else is happy. If RAH or SKYW came out tomorrow and announced a new contract with a 20% pay increase instead of congratulating them you'd sit there and say it happened because they lowballed someone.
Ignorance is bliss. ALPA has many more victories for the profession as a whole in the last 75+ years than failures. People just have very short memories. Its not just about being happy but also about contributing to the profession. A 20% pay increase at RAH would be different than a pay increase at SKW anyways and it has nothing to do with lowballing.