Old 01-20-2009, 07:08 PM
rotorhead1026
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Position: The Far Side

dan64456:
Got the following message from a Doctor that I talk to over on the AOPA forums
I follow that forum too. It's the best place to ask the questions you've asked here.

rickair7777:
I'm pretty sure they will end up having to grandfather those who were current when the rule changed
That's what Dr. Chien says on the AOPA forum. If you already have an SI, you'll be grandfathered. You don't, so you are sort of in limbo. A little.

rickair7777:
If they end up regulating a bunch of people out of the profession, someone should setup a web site to get people together for political action and a class-action lawsuit.
dan64456:
funny you say that I was just telling my friends yesterday that if I can't go forward and become a professional pilot then I will either take up optometry and become an AME as well or go to law school and practice aviation law
Opt for law school. Make a fortune from pilots trying to fight seniority lists and FAA decisions. DON'T work on a contingency basis - bill hours and take most of your money up front. You'll get rich quick. You'll probably never win a case, but that never seems to matter.

Political action? As soon as the FAA quotes medical statistics and accident data to the general public, your congressmen will run for cover. You have no chance.

Find a good certification doc (Chien can hook you up) and get on this problem that way. No disrespect intended, but ranting here is a waste of time. Remember, you haven't failed anything yet. Don't fret. Consult with an expert. There are no experts here - and that includes me. Best wishes and good luck. I think everything will turn out fine for you.