View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 11:38 AM
MIKE JG
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: Looking for professional flying opportunities..

Originally Posted by boarderdw View Post
I have a finance degree, no college debt, and worked at the world headquarters of a fortune 500 company out of college as a financial analyst. My salary was 58,000. It was so mind numbingly boring I quit after less then 6 months.

I decided to enroll at a Florida pilot factory and spent 65,000 on my ratings. Excessive, but oh well. In just over two years I was hired at a regional. I flew a turbo prop for a year, fulfilled my contract and then went to the regional of my choice.

I've been at my current regional for just over 2 years. I'm 28 years old. I fly planes that are less then 2 years old. I average between 3,800 and 4,000 bucks a month in pay (per diem included). I have consistently had between 15 and 18 days off for over a year. I am able to get at least 7 days off in a row every month. I only fly day trips and two day trips. I see my wife every single day and we go on a trip of some sort at least once a month. She sometimes joins me on my overnights and we have a blast.

This job rules. To those of you who are choosing to walk away, all I can say is I'm sorry about your timing or the airline you chose to fly for. You should have had higher standards or you should have been more patient. Trust me, the grass IS NOT greener on the other side.
SJS at it's finest.........