View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 07:05 AM
TheDashRocks
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008
Position: DHC-8 CA Furloughed

Originally Posted by ⌐ AV8OR WANNABE View Post
I'm pro-union but not a democrat and want to make sure my money will not end up going to my enemy...
Glad to hear you are pro-union. I wish you would reconsider who your enemies are. The conservative philosophy of Gingrich, the Bushes, Justices Roberts/Scalia/Alito, et. al. will always favor the employer over the employee. These people do not even feel that you should have the right to organize and join a union. They do not feel you should have a plan to protect your wages and benefits if you are injured while working. They will structure bankrupcy laws to allow corporations to void union contracts while continuing to operate. They are unwilling to prevent corporations from moving the HQ overseas to avoid taxes or outsourcing jobs. They do not feel you should have the right to sue your employer for discrimination or unfair termination. They would gut "whistle blower" protection laws. They see nothing wrong with firing an employee after 29 and 1/2 years of dedicated work to avoid paying a pension.

Their far right views can be summed up thus: "You were exposed to asbestos for years....Tough! Save for your own retirement. Build up your savings in case you are hurt and can't work. If you don't like your job, quit!"

Good luck, my brother!